Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chicken Quesadillas with fresh roasted chilies

We had leftover Sweet N' Spicy Chicken, so I grilled some quesadillas and jalapeno poppers. These poppers don't have crab, and they were grilled so I didn't half them.
The girls LOVED this, the green chilies I got weren't spicy really so my oldest DD ate the quesadillas with the green chili, the younger girls ate up the ones I made without. I just realized that the one quesadilla I took pictures of was the one with leftover popper filling so it has a little cream cheese in it which made it so creamy and good. These can be made on the stove also.

Chicken Quesadillas with fresh roasted chilies
Tortillas
Shredded Cheese
Green chilies- roasted and peeled
Sliced cooked chicken
You can also fill these with cooked mushrooms, scallions, bell peppers, beans...
 To roast the chilies just place them on the grill and cook until they are black. Don't forget to turn them. Place them in a bag or bowl and cover. The steam makes them easier to peel. Peel them, if you want seed them.
Assemble the quesadillas by putting cheese, chicken and chopped roasted chilies on a tortilla. Top with another tortilla.
Grill on a low heat grill until the cheese has melted and it's warmed through.
Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole.


YUM!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.