Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crab Stuffed Jalapenos


OK these are nothing new here on GPAC, just use the search feature and type in jalapeno, even spelled incorrectly with out the ~ on top of the "N".
 The addition of surimi or imitation crab to these made them rich and though delicate it's flavor was the most prominent. you can use real crab, chopped up shrimp, even flaked white fish (cooked). I couldn't find my panko crumbs and I wanted to sprinkle some on top seasoned with a little butter and spices. DH's sister said she had something like that served in a restaurant and it was so good, so I wanted to recreate them. I used bacon instead.
Bacon Wrapped
Jalapeno Poppers

Give Peas A Chance Crab Stuffed Jalapenos 

Bacon- cooked
Jalapenos
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 ish cup of shredded cheese
seasonings such as pepper, chili powder, garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne whatever you like (Dry Ranch Dressing mix)
~ 3-4 ounces Imitation crab

  1. Preheat the grill or the broiler on high.
  2. Cook the bacon and crumble it.
  3. I like to roll my jalapenos to distribute some heat if I am seeding them and taking the ribs out.
  4. Cut them in half or make a slit length wise on one side of the peppers about 1/3 of the way down from the stem. Remove the ribs and seeds- if you don't want them spicy.
  5. Mix the cheeses, crab, and seasonings together. 
  6. Stuff the peppers. 
  7. Grill or broil the peppers until the cheese is melted and the peppers are crisp tender- unless you like them softer.
  8. Top with bacon.
  9. If you're using panko season it and toss with a little butter, top each halved pepper slice when they are almost done and let it brown.



Our Delightful Home
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. You are making my tummy growl this morning! Thanks for sharing on Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to try this recipe, stuffed jalapenos and bacon, can't get much better than that.......Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a clever idea! :) These sound really yummy; I just wish my husband liked spicy food! I followed you here from the clever chicks link party, by the way. Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by tomorrow & link up your best “man food” recipes in honor of Father’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Jalapeno anything so this is must try! Saw you on Anyonita Nibbles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.