Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs... and Cesar Salad.


I'm alive. We're eating. I promise.It's just been crazy. This is Spaghetti and meatballs. Using our favorite red sauce. And a Cesar salad... made with this dressing, and these croutons. The meatballs are what will be posted here, with approximate measurements. If I ever get the girls cookbooks done I will rework the recipe for them I promise.






Ground beef, I only had 80/20 but you want something lean for this, or turkey even. About a pound.
Bread crumbs 1/2 a cup ( a palm full)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
salt
pepper
seasonings- an Italian or use Italian herbs
red pepper flakes  
Put the meat in a bowl..
Take part of the baguette for the croutons and whirl them in the food processor...


Add all the ingredients into the bowl with the meat. Gently stir to combine.





Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a dutch oven or whatever you're going to use to make your sauce with some oil. Roll those meat balls...




Brown them on all sides, and place them on a baking sheet to finish cooking while you brown the next batch and make your sauce.



Start your sauce...





Once the sauce is done put your meatballs into the sauce, let them swim around in there and get all yummy... while you're doing that (cooking is like being a mom, you must multitask...)


While the meatballs are simmering in the sauce make your croutons, dressing, boil the pasta, wash your greens.
Then assemble everything and everyone and eat. Easy peasy.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.