Friday, December 7, 2007

Cesar salad dressing

 OK so all this prep for a delicious Cesar salad and my camera's battery went dead by the time dinner rolled around, no pictures of an actual salad, not pictures of spaghetti... nothing... OY.
I love this dressing, so does Diva but I don't let her eat much of it because of the raw egg yolk. If you don't like the idea of raw egg yolk replace it with pasteurized egg yolk.


Cesar salad dressing
4 cloves garlic peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-4 anchovies fillets or use paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Egg yolk
2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
salt and black pepper to taste
3/4 cup olive oil


Mash salt, anchovies and garlic cloves together in a bowl to make a paste, I cheated today and used my mortar and pestle... not as good results as a fork. Which surprised me.
Whisk in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Beat in the egg yolk. Now this is where I decided to stop taking pictures. I am not the most coordinated person and slowly whisking in olive oil and taking pictures just wasn't going to happen. I could have used a blender but I didn't want to wash it. Sad I know. Anyway add your olive oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking the mixture. Refrigerate or use right away.
Toss with your greens, croutons and shavings of Parmesan cheese.

To make this Primal or Paelo make your own Worchestershire sauce or use coconut amnios.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.