Friday, April 4, 2008

The gourmet recipe you have been wating for...


Here it is the recipe you have all been waiting for, it's all been amateur stuff up until now. Hold on to your seats folks this is a good one. It involves a creamy sauce, pasta, even some food that is sculpted to look like art... all this in less than 30 minutes WHILE holding a sick toddler. This one is worth saving you all. What's it called you ask? Wait for it... Octodogs and Macaroni and cheese! :-) Served with roasted asparagus and hollandaise sauce.
This is the first time the girls have had octodogs, I think they were impressed. What could possible top off a meal like this? A yummy cup of tea from the Healing Pixie of course.

1 Hot dog
1 Box of macaroni and cheese- Kraft, like your mama used to make, not that deluxe cheese sauce in a couch stuff either, don't get too fancy on me.
Butter
Milk
Salt




Put a pot of water on the stove for your pasta. Now, for the food sculpting, cut your cold hot dog in half. on the cut end of each half slice 3/4 of the way up towards what would be the head of the octopus.




Like so, now if you must have eight legs feel free to count them. You must have more time on your hands than me.
Set these guys aside.






Once your water is boiling salt it and add the pasta from... oh you know how to do this ... just make your mac & cheese.










OK fine, our your macaroni into the water.








Stir it then leave it alone.

Set your timer for 8 minutes if you must, I would say six minutes.






At the end of your cooking time add your hot dogs. Once the pasta is done drain it.







Take the octodogs out and set them aside.








Add some butter to the pot you just emptied, measure if you must.








Add your pasta back into the melted butter... add milk...











Add more if it looks like it needs more...





Now for the secret sauce, pour it in...








Mix it until nice and creamy... yum.
I used to eat this stuff out of the pot in college. Starting from the fifth grade I would make it for my brother and I as an after school snack. Ahhh the memories.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. I LOVE THE OCTODOGS!!!!!! LOL!!! My little buddy will love these I have a feeling... once he has teeth.... :o)And you even got their greens in. What a good mama you are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ sarah, my little will love these when he can eat them. I love this recipe for the octodogs!!!

    Love you sis, and you ARE a good mama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.