Saturday, March 15, 2008

Scalloped Potatoes


These potatoes are pretty yummy, and I am not a potato fan so it takes a lot for me to say that. I only made half a recipe, I baked it in with the roasted chicken. I have to admit I am huge fan of heavy cream but next time I make this I will use less cream and more milk. It was a little TOO rich. Like I said I made half the recipe but used about the same amount of spices.
UPDATE: This recipe for Scalloped Potatoes is 100% better.


Scalloped Potatoes

3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Salt
Pepper
6 boiling potatoes (3lbs) I just used red potatoes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into cubes - I ran out in the end so I cut more up
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup of whole milk



Stir your nutmeg, salt and pepper together.
Butter a baking dish generously.







Have your butter ready.









I don't peel red potatoes, but you can peel yours.









Slice them thin. Layer some potatoes in the baking dish, they can overlap a bit.









Sprinkle with your seasonings.









Dot with butter. Repeat until your potatoes are gone.










Pour cream and milk over the potato mixture. Press down if you need to submerge the potatoes.
Bake at 350 covered with foil until tender about 1 hour.
Then remove foil and turn the oven up to 375 and let it brown on top, about 15 minutes.



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.