Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jiko- The Cooking Place (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Truth be told Jiko and Hollywood Brown Derby are in my bottom two of Disney Dining (as far as table service). This isn't a bad review, it was good food. I know many people love Jiko and dislike Tiffins, and we prefer Tiffins. Jiko is a gorgeous restaurant. The atmosphere is so lovely. The waitstaff and all of the staff we interacted with were top notch. True to Disney magic they made our experience wonderful. 
The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't something we would go back for. Everything was cooked well, steaks were cooked perfectly, seafood was great, nothing over or undercooked. The plating was beautiful. I don't know, I just would pick other places if I had a choice. I would not turn down a meal at Jiko though. Isn't this the worst review ever? I never said I was a great writer, I have only mentioned several times that I actually suck at it.
On to the food.
I apologize for not captioning each dish. I don't remember all of the names, but I did post the menu below.
Complimentary bread service

Flatbread 




North African-spiced Scallops
 Herb Chermoula, Curried Feta Crumbles

Moroccan Lamb Shank
Sweet-and-Savory Lamb, Parsnip Silk, Root Spinach, Medjool Date, Pomegranate Glaze
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin
Creamy Pap, Chakalaka Tomatoes, Herb-smoked Oil, Micro Cilantro


Cape Malay Seafood Curry
Lobster, Shrimp, Squid, Mussels, Saffron Rice



Angel Food Cake
no sugar added; White Chocolate Panna Cotta, Seasonal Fruit Compote, and Citrus Gel

Malva Pudding,
Melktart ice cream, Kataifi, kanu tuile, cabernet gelee
Braai Brownie
Valrhona Nyangbo Dark Chocolate Brownie with Braai Spice, Valrhona Tanariya Milk Chocolate Chantilly, Kenyan Coffee Streusel, Vanilla Marshmallow, Raspberries
These were complimentary truffles at the end of our dinner and they were the best dessert we had that night. 






Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.