Sunday, October 20, 2019

Hollywood Brown Derby- Hollywood Studios Orlando


OH Hollywood Brown Derby, how I wanted to love you. You and your famous Cobb Salad, Grapefruit cake, and rave reviews from so many people. Grapefruit cake that I anticipated and told my family about. I told them that you were wonderful. It would be a great meal. Where else would we go at Hollywood Studios?  Sigh. Here's the nitty gritty. Hollywood Brown Derby wasn't bad, I just really built it up I think.

The service was not great for Disney standards. But still good service. Nice cast members. Clean beautiful building. Lots of history. We had a great table. We decided to share four meals, the famous Cobb salad being one of them. We also shared three appetizers and three desserts. This was the perfect amount of food. We were fed and it was yummy, and we were not over stuffed.


Drinks, meh. These were the kid's drinks. Shirley Temple and... I don't remember what else. Standard fare. Pixie was happy she got to collect more of those light up things.


Bread service, these rolls were very good. Hot, crusty on the outside, and tender on the inside. So good. I admit I had two. Maybe even three.


Pan-seared New England Sea Scallops
Sweet-and-Spicy Zellwood Creamed Corn, Salted Cod Fish Fritter

Very good. Best scallops of the trip, or at least one of the best. The creamed corn was lovely also. Lovely appetizer. Would order this again.


Ahi Tuna
Wakame, Mango, Cilantro, Avocado, Chili-Garlic Aïoli

I kind of made the appetizers my meal which is fine because they were the best part of the meal. This tuna was very good.


Heirloom Tomato and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad
Shaved Onions, Thai Basil, Gremolata, Calamansi Vinaigrette

Beautiful, very good. Hard to mess up this salad. That wasn't Thai basil though.


Our Famous Cobb Salad
with Finely Chopped Greens, Turkey Breast, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Crumbled Blue Cheese, Avocado, Chives, and Cobb Dressing

DH loved this and would go back for this. My youngest thought it was okay. My oldest two, and I liked the flavors okay but felt it was hard to taste each distinct flavor since everything was chopped up so tiny. I mean the chicken itself was processed in a food processor chopped. The lettuce was also I guess almost chiffanade?  Very thinly sliced in small pieces. We joked that we like to actually have to chew our food. Meh.

Cioppino
Seared Scallop, Lobster, Fish of the Day, Blistered Tomatoes, Fennel, Olive Bread Crouton, Cioppino Broth
This was very good. I would probably order it again. Everything was cooked very well, the flavors were good.


Char-grilled Angus Filet
Saffron Potato Mash, Seasonal Vegetables, Green Peppercorn Reduction, Sun-dried Tomato Ketchup

We ordered two of these Filet. They were good. Not the best we had on the trip. That is indeed ketchup.


Grapefruit Cake
Vanilla Sponge Cake with Grapefruit Syrup, Grapefruit Cheesecake, and Grapefruit Jam. A Brown Derby Original!

We almost ordered more than one of these. I'm so thankful we didn't because none of us were really liked this. It was just a plain, kinda bitter, kinda grapefruit essence in it cake. I had just made a grapefruit cake before we left for this trip and it was way better in flavor, not presentation though.


Mango-Passion Fruit Mousse
Mango Mousse, Passion Fruit Ganache, Mango Buttercream, Mango Chocolate

Very good dessert, underrated. Better than the grapefruit cake for sure. 

Chocolate Mousse Cake
Dark Chocolate Sponge Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sauce, Amarena Black Cherries

This was good. It is not as rich as it looks, very light. Yummy and not heavy. The cherries, so good also.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.