Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bathsheba- Day 30

This month I've shared last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. Not all the days. But some.
If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.




Bathsheba

Day 30
Almost the last day of this study. I have blessed, humbled, stretched. I hope you all were too. What did you think of today's post? Here are my thoughts.
God called David's sin out. Brought it to light. There was repentance, restoration. There was also reaping what was sown. How painful. Bathsheba mourning her husband, then her child. Who knows if David took her by force. It reads like it. 
Reading this made me so sad, so angry. Sin. It leads to death. Not always physically, but always spiritually. It makes us miserable. Sure there is a short time where it can be fun, satisfying. It's empty, it's short lived. Then you meet Jesus. You see yourself in His eyes. Your sin reflected in his perfection, on him as hung on the cross. When you see sin for what it is. It's ugly. Disappointing. Sickening. It brings such deep sorrow, it's heavy. It's death. The wages of sin is death.  
But God in his great love made a way for redemption, for forgiveness. Jesus humbled Himself taking upon our sin to cleanse us from all iniquity. It's like a weight lifted, one that was so heavy, so deep and entwined you felt it in your bones. It's like coming up for air. It's redemption so complete the air is different. It's sweet. It's fresh.
Have you felt it? Have you seen Him? 
He sees you. He knows the sorrows, the pain, the hurt. Pain inflicted on you from other people's sin, pain you've inflicted on others from sins you've committed.  
Jesus came to SEEK and save the lost.
To bring comfort, to bring forgiveness. Redemption.
Not a single one of us is without sin.
But everyone of us can be redeemed

Once we truly see ourselves, once we truly see Christ. What then is there but as Peter said "To whom shall we go? You have the words to eternal life?"

I couldn't turn back. The beauty before me that is Christ there's nothing I want more. 
Psalm 84:10
Better is one day in your courts
    than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
    than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

If you don't already know this freedom, this love, this forgiveness, this Redeemer. You can. 
Isaiah 1:18 
18 “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
    they shall become like wool.

Romans 10:9-10
 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

The beauty of this is that no matter what, we can ask for forgiveness, because we will sin. But we can ask, just as David did when he wrote Psalm 51:10 after God used Nathan the prophet to shed light on David's sin.
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me
YES Lord, renew us. Cleanse us. 

#shereadstruth #lampandlight #womenintheword #romansroad #forgiveness #grace #mercy #sin #death #peasblog 

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.