This was my first time using this recipe. It's from the White Lily Flour website. They were yummy though and tender. They also rose well. They were just a little too salty for me. I will try unsalted butter next time. If that doesn't help, I will go back to my other recipe. That recipe is HERE.
Three Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits
2 and 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), frozen
1 cup chilled buttermilk, or milk with a couple of teaspoons of white vinegar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grate the frozen butter. Mix with flour lightly. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500*F
- Stir the buttermilk into the flour and butter mixture. Do not overmix.
- Place dough onto a floured surface.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle, then fold one short side one third of the way towards the middle of the dough. Repeat with the other short side similar to folding a letter or laminating dough. Do this twice. The less you handle the dough, the better.
- Roll the dough lightly into 3/4 inch thickness.
- Flour the biscuit cutter and cut out the biscuits by pressing the cutter straight down and up. Do not twist the cutter.
- Place biscuits into a cast iron pan or baking sheet with the sides touching. Brush the tops with buttermilk or milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter as they come out of the oven.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.