Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Spicy Sausage Seasoning

Gluten Free Spicy Sausage Patties
Gearing up for another attempt at Whole30 maybe Paleo for this May. Eek. So that means some meal prep. You may think I am constantly eating three square meals a day, but really I sometimes forget about lunch and breakfast during the week. I don't get around it eating sometimes, and I know that's horrible for me. I usually get tired, or end up eating a billion calories late at night. This time around I am going to try to prep some (more) meals ahead of time and see if it helps me be more successful.

 Have you ever done a Whole30 or do you eat Paleo? What are your favorite recipes? I'd love to hear about them. Leave me a comment or find me on Facebook.
 I made some sausage patties up the other day and put them in the freezer for a quick meal. Sausage is easy to make and freezes well. Different spices can change flavors and give you so many different varieties and uses. If you can have maple syrup, add a little for a sweeter sausage. You can use a variety of ground meats as long as there is a enough fat. You can make the sausage super lean also. It's up to you.

I'll be blogging my journey as much as possible. I don't want to bombard you all with posts every.single.day. But I'll try to post quick recipes like this if I have a minute.
Click to find more Whole 30
recipes here on Give Peas A Chance, or use the search function. 

Spicy Sausage Seasoning

4-6 tablespoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon roasted garlic granules or garlic powder
1/2-3/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried crushed jalapenos, or a whole jalapeno chopped
1/2-1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Combine with 
2 pounds ground pork or mix of pork, chicken, turkey, beef, lamb etc)
  1. Place paprika, garlic, fennel, and black pepper in a spice grinder and pulse a few times until the fennel is the consistency/size you like it. I often put mine in whole and skip this step. 
  2. Add remaining spices and mix.
  3. Combine the meat with spices.
  4. Shape into patties if desired.
  5. Freeze or cook in a pan with no oil* until cooked through.

*You can also cook the sausage mixture like ground beef and use it in omelets.
* There is enough fat in the pork that you shouldn't need oil to cook the sausage. If you use a mixture of meat I like to use at least half pork because of the fat.
* Basil, Italian seasoning, Greek Seasoning can be added to this blend also.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.