Thursday, March 24, 2016

Rotisserie Chicken in a Capital Oven

Rotisserie Chickens with roasted vegetables.

Last September I finally decided to take the rotisserie in my oven on her maiden voyage. I don't know why it took me so long. I guess I figured it would be really difficult, and messy. I was more concerned about the clean up haha. Turns out there was no real difficult clean up. In my mind I was thinking that there would be chicken juices and fat would be splattering all over the oven door and walls. But that wasn't the case it all. The ovens are easy to clean anyway since they are all glass. Other than where the fan is for the convection, all heating elements are under glass.
 Because this was my first time, I used twine to truss the chickens. Such a waste of time and twine. I now just truss my chickens with the same method I use when I roast them, that can be found HERE.



I throw vegetables under the chickens for two reasons:
To help with splattering, fat and juices don't splatter off the chickens but they can bounce off of a hot dry baking sheet. If you don't want to use vegetables for this, you can use broiling pans with the insert on top. So that any juices that drip down will flow through the holes into the pan below, but they won't splatter out.
The second reason is that the vegetables get so flavorful and perfectly roasted under the chickens. It's like a one pan meal. Less dishes, less clean up, win for me.


I won't lie, the first time I did this I called the Capital people to ask them questions because... well I'm clueless. Turns out the guy who could answer my questions, was off that day. Most google searches gave me crock pot rotisserie methods (what? That's not the same thing) or outdoor grill. So I was flying solo. I was pretty sure I just had to turn it on and keep an eye on it. But for how long? What temperature? I found out, or figured out that I just had to turn on the rotisserie, then turn my oven on broil. As far as time, it's been about an hour, hour fifteen minutes for two chickens each time I've roasted them this way.  I always do two, not because we can eat two for one meal, or even a whole chicken for one meal. But because I can use the other chicken for so many other meals.
All in all I'm loving having the rotisserie, my range has been a dream to cook on, the ovens bake/broil/roast/convection bake beautifully. 
There is built in temperature probes in both ovens which come in handy. Obviously you have to turn the rotisserie off before checking the temperature, and you can leave the probe in with it spinning.


Here are some other chickens I've done:

Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQzIuSmxOb/
Do you use a rotisserie at home? I'm really loving how easy it is to use and how perfect the chicken cooks, I can't wait to try other meats. What's your favorite? I would love to learn more ideas and tips, so please share them below if you have some!

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.