Thursday, June 20, 2013

Give Peas A Chance- Chicken Sliders

I don't cook with a lot of ground chicken. I think it's too dry. I'm not a huge fan of chicken either, but I had been thinking I should try to use ground chicken more. Not a great idea, ground chicken is like ground turkey. Finding some that is just chicken or just turkey is like finding a rare diamond. Packages marked "natural flavorings" added. Erm, no thank you. Sigh. So, find a butcher, grind/process your own, or there are some brands out there that have no flavorings or additives. Of course you don't have to use chicken.
I added onion and apple to the chicken so it wouldn't dry out. We don't have a grill so I broiled these. Whatever way you choose to cook these, watch them so they don't dry out. These can be served on a bun, but I used lettuce. And we love Simple Cabbage Salad, I just pile that on top.





Give Peas A Chance Chicken Sliders

Makes 8 patties or 16 sliders

2 pounds ground chicken
1/2-1/4 minced onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 apple, grated
3 tablespoons parsley minced
1 apple chopped fine
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt
Pepper

Serve on/with
 Best Buns Ever
Top it with
Jalapenos
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Bacon
Fried Egg
Simple Cabbage Salad 

Lightly mix all the ingredients. Shape into patties, grill or broil until cooked through but not dry.

If you're grinding your own chicken use chicken thigh meat or a combo of breast and thigh meat, grind the meat with apple slices, onion slices, and whole garlic cloves.

*You can add an egg to the mixture before cooking it also
*A sweet or tart apple can be used, you can also grate it.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. They look great. When I cook with ground chicken or turkey I like to grate a bit of zucchini into it to keep it moist.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen what a great tip! Esp since zucchini is abundant right now, I'll try it thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.