Friday, September 9, 2011

Toadstool Radishes

I love radishes. Crunchy and spicy. Aren't these adorable? I used them for Pixie's Smurfday party. I saw this idea on pinterest, there is a post here from Anna the Red, and one here Paper Pony on them also.
 First score around the radish about 1/3- 1/2 of the way up from the top of the toadstool. Don't cut through the radish. Remove the stem if you have one.
To form the bottom of the toadstool, cut a base from one side of the radish below where you want the top of the toadstool.
Cut a small sliver off the bottom of the stem to help the toadstool stand up.
 Peel little "dots" to finish your toadstool.
I made these the night before and kept them covered with water in a container in the fridge. 
I'm going to do these for bentos, too cute.

For more Smurfday posts on GPAC click below
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.