Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's time... GPAC Pumpkin Spiced Latte

No, not Hammer time... Pumpkin Spiced Latte time. I saw pie pumpkins at the grocery store so I picked some up!  Original post here.

There's no pumpkin in that latte you're sipping. It's a syrup. I know you knew that, but let's say you want real pumpkin in your latte, less sugar from syrups and you want to save yourself some $$. Well, make your own! Easy Peasy. Of course if you want some peace and quiet while drinking this, you'll have to give the kids a little treat also... don't worry, I've got you covered. I guess this is Pumpkin Spiced latte as opposed to Pumpkin Spice Flavored Latte.
Are you looking for a Pumpkin Spiced Syrup? Check HERE.




GPAC Pumpkin Spiced Latte

 2 cups milk- whatever kind you drink
2-3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or fresh- Pumpkin butter works also!)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Sweetener of your choice- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar in the raw, sugar, brown sugar, palm sugar, honey, stevia whatever you like! (Just adjust the amount to your liking)
1-2 shots of espresso, if you don't have an espresso machine use strong brewed coffee or crystals

Top with-
Fresh whipped cream
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice


  1. In a small pot stir the milk, pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and sweetener and heat on medium until steaming.
  2. Put this in a blender and give it a whirl, optional but it will give you a smooth latte. Pour some into your mug and divvy it up for the littles also.
  3. Pour a shot or two of espresso into your mug.
*you might want to strain the pumpkin mixture if you don't want ANY pumpkin pieces, but I don't bother- you lose a lot of pumpkin that way*
Top each mug with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with your choice of nutmeg, cinnamon, or pie spice.
Sit the kids down, grab your mug and maybe a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, kick up your feet and soak it in, because life... is good.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am VERY anxiously awaiting the arrival of pumpkins at the farmer's markets here. I really want my pumpkin spice syrup, and now I really want to try this too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.