Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't let them fool you at Starbucks...

There's no pumpkin in that latte you're sipping. It's a syrup. I know you knew that, but let's say you want real pumpkin in your latte, less sugar from syrups and you want to save yourself some $$. Well, make your own! Easy Peasy. Of course if you want some peace and quiet while drinking this, you'll have to give the kids a little treat also... don't worry, I've got you covered.

Give Peas A Chance Pumpkin Spiced Latte

2 cups milk- whatever you like, even soy
2-3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1-2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1-2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Sweetener of your choice- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar in the raw, sugar, brown sugar, palm sugar, honey, stevia whatever you like! (Just adjust the amount to your liking)
1-2 shots of espresso, if you don't have an espresso machine use strong brewed coffee or crystals

Top with-
Fresh whipped cream
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice


In a small pot stir the milk, pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and sweetener and heat on medium until steaming.
Put this in a blender and give it a whirl, optional.





Pour some into your mug and divvy it up for the littles also.
Pour a shot of two of espresso into your mug.
*you might want to strain the pumpkin mixture if you don't want ANY pumpkin pieces, but I don't bother- you lose a lot of pumpkin that way*



Top each mug with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with your choice of nutmeg, cinnamon, or pie spice.
Sit the kids down, grab your mug and maybe a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin, kick up your feet and soak it in, because life... is good.




Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Or make some cold brewed coffee concentrate yourself - then between this lovely recipe and the coffee concentrate you are all set! LOL

    Ok - had to find a way to brag about learning how to make cold brewed coffee but your recipes look great -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now these babies haven't reached Stabucks in the UK as far as I'm aware. This might be a recipe I could try as I like the sound of it. ONe question, can I use fresh pumpkin to make it? will be buying a pumpkin for Halloween and we can't get canned version here. Any tips??

    Ta! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. arkonite_babe - I usually use fresh pumpkin, pureed like this http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/2009/10/easy-pumpkin-puree-and-dont-forget-baby.html


    eilismaura brag away LOL I don't know how to cold brew coffee, I don't make a good pot of hot brewed either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that has always bugged me - it is called pumpkin pie spice flavor, not pumpkin flavor, because there is no pumpkin in it just pie spices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.