Monday, August 22, 2011

3 Ingredient Meat and Potatoes (Crock pot)


Another meal in the crock pot! What is going on here? Could it be that I'm finally getting the hang of using my crock pot? Possibly. Probably not. But this was a success! Main dish and one side all in the crock pot. You could add a packet of mushrooms and caper butter, if you have a big enough crock pot!
The awesome thing about this meal is that the flavors aren't all mashed together- sure sometimes you want a nice blending of flavors. Not so much here. Besides, in a crock pot everything is just too blended for my liking. It's also SO easy that my 7 year old can do it. I kid you not. She washed, dried, and wrapped the sweet potatoes. For the meat I cut the slab of pork ribs in half so it would fit in the crock pot, I suspect an adult should do that part. Really, this "recipe" only has three ingredients. Unless you count butter, salt and pepper or cinnamon sugar for the sweet potato. Serve the it all with a green salad and dinner's done.
The only thing you really need is a big enough crock pot. I was able to get 4 potatoes and the ribs into my big crock pot. I decided to use my smaller crock pot also. I put three potatoes in the small crock pot and three in the big one, so we had leftovers.

Give Peas A Chance  3 Ingredient Meat and Potatoes 

1 slab pork ribs (that can be cut into to pieces to fit into your crock pot)
Sweet potatoes- as many as you want, as long as you can fit them in the crock pot
Citrus Chili rub- or any dry rub you like


  1. Cut the ribs into two slabs so they fit into the crock pot. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. 
  2. Sprinkle with dry rub. Rub the meat on all sides to coat with the rub. 
  3. Wrap each piece tightly with foil. 
  4. Place it in the crock pot.
  5. Wash the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Wrap each one in foil. Place them in the crock pot, on top of the meat- in case your meat packet leaks. 
  6. PLUG in the crock pot and turn it ON. Not that I have ever forgotten to do that...
  7. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. If you want, you can take the potatoes out earlier. I do find that sweet potatoes can get too mushy for my liking.
  8. Once you remove the ribs from the crock pot, there will be juices at the bottom so be careful. You can finish the ribs off on a grill or under the broiler, to crisp the outside.



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. I love how you cooked this all in the crock pot! Maybe if you put the potatoes in later would work too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Serena! I think that would be awesome, white potatoes no biggie but the sweet ones get mushy!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.