Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Give Peas A Chance Mummy Meatloaf

Check out this Mummy meatloaf!
 I think next time I'll use sheets of phyllo dough because it's more parchment like and I think will look better longer. For phyllo I would take the meatloaf out when it's almost done, wrap it with thin sheets and brown it for a bit in the oven.
We don't celebrate Halloween but I thought that it was cute. Kind of morbid though... mummies. hmmm.
I made this Cajun meatloaf in a round spring form pan. Bake the meatloaf on a jelly roll pan because you want the fat to drain away on it it. You can just shape the meat into a round and bake it in a jelly roll pan also.
Let's dress this meatloaf up to look like a mummy! Here's what I did:
 I cooked some lasagna. Trimmed the ends and cut it down the middle. You can also use the sheets without ruffles, they will still need to be cut into strips.


 For the eyes I put some cheese down. Munster in this case, it gets kinda see through and gross looking.

Wrap the guy up, place some black olive slices where the eyes should be and serve it up!
You can brush the pasta with melted butter also.
What do you think? Creepy? Fun?
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. thanks mama! I saw it in a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable :D

    If only my girls would eat meatloaf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I may have to try this this year sometime. So easy too once you've made the meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi-rose
    I hope you get to make it, it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea for Halloween night dinner! I love how this turned out. Thanks so much for linking up to our Spooktacular Halloween Link Party.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.