Friday, October 23, 2009

Cajun Meatloaf

I have found a few recipes and versions for Cajun meatloaf. Here are a couple
One
Two
So basically these are methods and suggestions for flavorings as far as I am concerned LOL.
Whatever you do it's YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY.

Give Peas A Chance Cajun Meatloaf

3 pounds of meat- a combination of any of these beef- lean, pork, turkey, veal
6 minced garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
2 large bell peppers finely chopped
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
6 tablespoons butter
Tabasco sauce or a squirt of Sirracha (optional)
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp nutmeg- I just grated about 1/3 of one in there
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
2 cups breadcrumbs- I use plain
about 2 cups ketchup
3 tbs honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the butter in a skillet. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper. Sweat the veggies and cook until soft. Add Tabasco (optional), Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, pepper, garlic salt, Chile powder. Cook until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 cup ketchup stir to cool down a bit. Stir in milk. Add breadcrumbs a little at a time until you get a thick paste. Let mixture cool a little.
In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs, add meats and vegetable/breadcrumb mixture. Mix until combined but don't over work the meat- no one likes tough meat :-).
Place mixture on a lightly greased jelly roll pan and form a loaf. Mix remaining ketchup and brown sugar. Pour over the top of the loaf. Cook for 50 minutes or until done, test with a meat thermometer.
if you want a good crust you can turn the oven up to 400 for the last 10 minutes





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.