Saturday, June 12, 2010

Carrot Cake Pancakes and an AMAZING Cream Cheese syrup

I made these pancakes from this muffin batter. Seriously easy. The batter was already made up and I just added to it. These pancakes are YUMMY. Not too sweet, and fairly healthy. Whole wheat flour, bran, wheat germ, flax seed, carrot...
The syrup has cream cheese in it to give it tang and remind you that it's  carrot cake pancakes you're eating. Kind of like dessert for breakfast. Want Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Muffins? Click HERE.
You can use the batter to make any pancakes banana, pineapple with macadamia nuts, apple cinnamon...
1 1/2 cups ish of shredded carrot
splash of buttermilk or milk
ginger
cinnamon
nutmeg
zest from one orange divided (you'll use half for the syrup)
Chopped pecans- optional

syrup
softened cream cheese 2-3 ounces
maple syrup enough to thin out the cream cheese to make it a syrup consistency
vanilla
zest from half of an orange


 Mix all the ingredients for the pancake batter together, thinning it with milk as needed. You want a pancake batter, so not runny a little thick but not as thick as the muffin batter. Cook like you would any pancakes, keeping in mind that this is a whole wheat flour with bran muffin batter, so it's already dark. Don't use the color to judge if your pancakes are done. You can use a skewer though.


For the syrup. I just placed everything in the blender. Gave it a whirl and topped the pancakes.  I know, that's it? Yes but it was insanely good. I promise, try it.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.