Friday, June 11, 2010

Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Bran Muffins from THE batter.

OK "THE" batter is this Bran Muffin Batter. I just wanted to share some ideas for spicing it up a bit. I have an amazing Carrot Cake Pancake batter I make from it also, stay tuned. Let's just work on the Cream Cheese Carrot Cake muffins first. Measurements are approximate.
About 3 cups Bran Muffin Batter
1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
nutmeg
cinnamon
ginger 
zest from one orange
Filling-
2 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons maple syrup
powdered sugar

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Add spices and zest to the muffin batter. Stir it up.

Stir in the carrot. (A couple of tablespoons of drained crushed pineapple in with this would be awesome.)
Set this batter aside.
In a small bowl, mix the soft cream cheese with maple syrup and powdered sugar. This should be a thick mixture I added too much syrup. 
Scoop a little bit of batter into a lined muffin tin. Add some filling. (I made a little indention in the batter first.)
Cover the filling with more batter. Bake as directed in the original post. When testing these muffins with a toothpick, don't forget to test on a part where there is no filling. NOM NOM, and healthy too.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.