Monday, October 12, 2009

EASY Pumpkin Puree and Don't forget the BABY!


Did you know that there is a pumpkin shortage? Well, there is. Sad, but true. I haven't seen a shortage around here but every time I go to the grocery store I try to pick up a few pumpkins to make pumpkin puree for my stash in the freezer. I have even bought some cans, just in case. I have roasted sugar/pie pumpkins to make puree before, but I usually put it in the crock pot. Because it's so easy! There are pictures here if you'd like to see just how simple it is. For pumpkin puree I just wash the pumpkin.
Cut it into quarters or smaller to fit into the crock pot, scoop out seeds and save them for roasting. Put them in the crock pot, no liquids and turn it on high. I check it after a few hours to see if it's fork tender. Once the pumpkin is tender you can take it out and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and puree it in a food processor. Use it in any recipe you would use canned pumpkin in, you can also freeze 1 or 2 cup portions for use later.
Also don't forget your baby! Pumpkin is healthy and so very tasty! Serve pureed with a little bit of nutmeg, cinnamon, curry powder, butter if you want- but it's good without.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.