Monday, April 28, 2008

Simple Tortellini soup

I had this simple Cheese tortellini soup at a friends house it was sooo GOOD, and I never got the recipe from her. So good, the girls loved it. So I am trying to recreate it. Her soup was a simple broth, carrots and celery and cheese tortellini, simplicity. It was light and filling all at once. I added zucchini because the girls love it and I add vegetables to their meals any chance I get. I also made these crisps to go on top. But it's not necessary, just grated cheese on top of the soup is fine. The girls and I had this soup, a caprese salad and rice pudding for dinner tonight. I need to post the crock pot rice pudding recipe I tried out today.

Low sodium chicken broth- or broth powder
1 package cheese tortellini, I couldn't find cheese so I got sausage.
2 carrots
1 small zucchini
2 celery sticks
salt
pepper
Olive oil


garnish
grated Parmesan cheese
Parmesan crisps
parsley
celery leaves




Chop up the vegetables into bite sized pieces.








Saute the vegetables in some olive oil. Give the carrots a good minute or two head start before you add the others.






Season with salt and pepper.








Add broth, about... 8 cups?








Once the vegetables are halfway done add the tortellini. Don't let the vegetables become soft first, you'll still need to cook the tortellini for a good 8-10 minutes, according to the package.






Get the garnishes ready.







Ladle soup into a bowl top with garnishes.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.