Monday, October 15, 2018

Maple Almond Bacon

I recently went to brunch and they have Maple Pecan bacon. It was so yummy. My oldest can not eat pecans so I thought I would recreate that bacon at home for her with a nut she can have. This is very simple to make. The salty sweet crunchy flavors and texture combined is satisfying, the almonds and bacon both get a little caramelized from the maple syrup.  This bacon is great for breakfast, brunch, on top of a salad, on top of a creamy soup, or served as hors d'oeuvres. 



The spices give it just a something but there's no real spicy kick. If you like it spicy add more! I do like a little kick but my youngest doesn't eat spicy foods yet, I'm working on her! I think the heat with the salty and spicy are perfection.
I use raw almonds but I don't see why you can't use roasted almonds if that's what you have on hand. You can buy the almonds pre chopped but I just put them in my food processor and give it a few good pulses, or maybe like 10 good pulses. If you have a nut allergy to all tree nuts you can use pumpkin seeds on this bacon also.
I know that a baking rack would help the air circulate under the bacon. I seem to have lost my baking rack at some point during this move though. I do line the pans with foil because maple syrup and grease is a sticky mess!
Keep your eye on the bacon for cook time, it can burn quickly and not all ovens are the same.

Maple Almond Bacon

Almonds, unsalted raw if possible, or sub with raw pumpkin seeds
1/2-3/4 cup of maple syrup
Cayenne pepper powder, to taste
Black pepper to taste
Bacon

  1. Heat oven to 400F degrees.
  2. Place a rack on your rimmed baking sheet if one is available. If not just pour off the grease as needed during cooking time.
  3. Place bacon on the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. While that is cooking, prepare the almonds.
  4. Pulse almonds in a food processor until you have small finely chopped pieces.
  5. Mix the maple syrup and spices.
  6. Remove bacon from the oven, pour of any grease in the baking sheet.
  7. Brush bacon with maple syrup or dip the bacon in the maple syrup.
  8. Press almonds onto one side of the bacon, place the almond side up on the baking sheet.
  9. Place bacon in the oven until cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
  10. Place on a cooking rack to drain, almond side up.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.