Friday, September 4, 2015

Rosemary Molasses Pork Chops and Onions

Rosemary Molasses Pork Chops smothered with onions, drool.
Rosemary. Molasses. MMMM. Something about earthy fragrant rosemary and thick sweet molasses reminds me of Fall weather. I can't wait for the cool crisp weather! These pork chops will make an appearance often!
I'm updating this recipe to streamline it a bit. No oven to finish these off. You can still use and oven, but some nights I just don't have time for that. you can find the original recipe here. Using the oven does make the skillet easier to clean. These pork chops get beautifully caramelized from the molasses, so the skillet also gets well... carmalized. So you may need an extra skillet to cook the onions. Searing the chops and using bone in chops helps keep them moist. They are wonderful served over mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed cauliflower, quinoa, cous cous, rice... or just as is! Need a side dish? How about spiced apples? Oh. My.

These Rosemary Molasses Pork Chops are great even without the onions!

Oooohhh eeeee, look at that glaze. Oh my goodness. I may or may not have just had another one of these while writing up this post. They are even good cold. Not that I would do something like that. I have packed them in kids lunches though!
You must make these! Put them on your menu. You can thank me later. Because, just look at this goodness.

Get your kids in the kitchen helping you slice onions, searing the chops, and stirring the glaze!

Rosemary Molasses Pork Chops and Onions


For the Molasses Glaze:
1/3- 1/2 cup molasses
1-2 tablespoon oyster flavored sauce, vegetarian is fine
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, stems removed, roughly chopped or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary

For the Pork Chops:
5-6 bone in pork chops
Salt
Pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil, or vegetable oil

For the Onions:
2 tablespoons butter
1-1/2 medium sweet onions, peeled and sliced
Salt
Pepper


  1. Place the ingredients for the molasses glaze in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer. Stir often, scraping the sides and bottoms of the pan while cooking the pork chops.
  2. Preheat a skillet for the pork chops. 
  3. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
  4. Sear each pork chop on both sides. Don't forget to hold the pork chops up with the fat side down to sear it and get it crisp also.
  5. After each pork chop is seared, brush with some molasses glaze and cook the chops. Remove the chops to a platter to rest. 
  6. In a skillet melt the butter. (You may need a new skillet if the molasses has burnt on the bottom)
  7. Add the onions, salt, and pepper. 
  8. Cook the onions until soft.
  9. Drizzle remaining glaze over the pork chops.
  10. Put onions over the pork chops.

I hope you'll try these pork chops! Let me know if you do!
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.