Friday, July 17, 2015

Miriam- Day 17


This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.

If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.

Miriam


Day 17
I too, am an older sister and a mother. I have those take charge tendencies, those mother hen instincts. 
Sometimes they are wonderful, most of the time they are! But I also know that more often than not it's hard to let go. 
Do you feel that way at times? " I've done this before, I know the right way"
" I've managed this far, I can finish, take care of what I need to"
Sometimes I just need to realize that while I "manage" just fine, you know manage the house, manage the kids, make sure things run smoothly... Jesus completes things in a way only he can. He's not frantically putting out fires and trying to tie up loose ends so that each day runs smoothly. No. He knows the beginning from the end. He guides and leads in sovereignty. We don't have to try to do it all. All we need to do is love Jesus, and love others. 
I know, it doesn't say manage people. 
I did today's reading with my oldest. It was good for both of us. I hope it blessed you and encouraged you also
From the blog:
HE has triumphed gloriously.For you. On your behalf.God is the rescuer. Jesus is the hero. You don’t have to carry the burden for all your people, you just have to trust that Jesus does.Maybe the greatest grace Jesus gives big sisters (and all sisters) is the grace to let go and let Him triumph.It is glorious that way." 
#shereadstruth
#Miriam #lampandlight #biblestudy#peasblog #beingamama

"Do you think you have to be the hero? Do you believe you alone must enact justice in the lives of the people you love? Do you presume to be enough to win this battle?Oh, sister. You aren’t, you don’t, you can’t. Remember, Miriam said it herself when she sang in Exodus 15:



Thrive

Here in this worn and weary land
Where many a dream has died
Like a tree planted by the water
We never will run dry

So living water flowing through
God, we thirst for more of You
Fill our hearts and flood our souls with one desire

Just to know You and to make You known
We lift Your name on high
Shine like the sun, make darkness run and hide
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive

Into Your word, were digging deep
To know our Fathers heart
Into the world, were reaching out
To show them who You are

Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable
Love unstoppable, anything is possible

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.