Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A gift for my children, inspiration and help please...

*** UPDATE HERE- I started and it's been fun but I didn't realized I had so many recipes photographed, so I am already behind but i am still open to ideas! thanks***I decided to start a going away to college, moving out, getting married what have you gift for my kids. If I start this now it should be fairly decent when my oldest is 18... the thing is I have writers/starting/perfectionists block. So I am getting ideas from anyone and everyone. I want to make a recipe book, much like my blog, but with stories and pictures of family and friends together and gatherings also. I just need to start. I am going to use Blurb
I need ideas on how to separate chapters, I had this idea of doing each chapter a different color background so it would be easy to find everything, the only problem is color availability, there are only 8 good colors to choose from that I think would be good for a cook book and reading recipes. So how do I narrow down headings?
here are some ideas I had but I don't like them, I prefer them differently, but to narrow it to 8 is probably impossible- appetizers, breads, casserole, desserts, eggs/cheese, fish/seafood, meats, pasta/rice, salads, sauces, soups, vegetables
children/fun recipes

Should I just do a nice clean cookbook with all white pages? Black boarders on the pictures?
Should I do step by step photo's or finished results only?
two page spreads? or one? I am certain two page spread will be easier when I have to move things around as I add pages to certain chapters

Am I over thinking this? it seems like it would be such a simple thing to do...
I can't wait to put recipes from dh's grandparents in there, my mom, I am excited. But can't start LOL... so help please?


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I created a cookbook for my brother and his wife for their first anniversary and made it in scrapbook format with pictures of the food as well as either us enjoying the food or of the person the recipe originated from. I did do chapters. And I would say that step by step photos are important for things that will need more explanation. And I think this is a wonderful idea =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.