Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Butter Stewed Potatoes (Instant Pot)

What's not to love about butter and potatoes? Making these potatoes in the Instant Pot is nice and hands off. The onion is optional, so is the cream. I know that some recipes call for flour, and milk to cook with the potatoes. I like them this way. Butter Stewed Potatoes are a great side dish, and quick to make. I used to make them on the stove, the pressure cooker is easier for me.


I prefer Yukon gold potatoes because they are so creamy. You can use other potatoes also. You can even leave the skins on your potatoes for this dish. I find that if I'm cooking pot in pot method it takes a few extra minutes to cook these potatoes but it doesn't take long.
I like topping these potatoes with Frito Pie stuff, chili, fried eggs etc. 
They are a quick easy side dish also.



Butter Stewed Potatoes

4-5 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into 0.5 inch rounds
5-8 tablespoons of butter (use ghee for Whole 30 or Paleo)
1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
salt
pepper
1/4 cup cream (optional, omit for Whole 30 and paleo)

Garnish-
Chives

  1. Turn Instant Pot on to SAUTE mode, high.
  2. Once heated, add half of the butter and let it melt.
  3. Stir in onions and let them cook until soft, not browned. (Omit steps 1-3 if not using onion.)
  4. De glaze Instant Pot liner with chicken stock, add potatoes, salt, pepper, and the rest of the butter.
  5. Cancel the SAUTE mode, and press the PRESSURE cooker or MANUAL button on the Instant Pot. HIGH pressure. Set the cooking time to 8 minutes.
  6. Once cooking is complete, release the pressure manually.
  7. Stir potatoes and adjust seasonings. If using cream, stir it in.
  8. Garnish with chopped chives.
For pot in pot method:

  1. Place all the ingredients into a stainless steel container. It does not need a lid.  The onions should already be be sauteed.
  2. Place one cup of water in the instant pot with the trivet inside.
  3. Place the container of potatoes on the trivet.
  4. Turn PRESSURE cooker or MANUAL button on the Instant Pot. HIGH pressure. Set the cooking time to 11 minutes.
  5. Once cooking is complete, release the pressure manually.
  6. Stir potatoes and adjust seasonings. If using cream, stir it in.
  7. Garnish with chopped chives.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!

Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.