Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Peasread: Child Of The Prophecy

Continuing the Sevenwaters Trilogy/Series with Child of the Prophecy. A return to Sevenwaters through the eyes of a new female character, Fianne. Fianne is the daughter of Ciaran and Niamh, her heritage is both of the Sevenwaters clan and the dark sorceress Lady Oonagh. She was raised in a small village away from Sevenwaters by her father who trains and teaches her magic and druid lore. Fianne is very different from Sorcha of Daughter of the Forest and Laidan of Son of the Shadows. She's more conflicted in many ways.

Fianne returns to Sevenwaters and her grandmother seeks to use her to destroy the Sevenwaters family. Lady Oonagh uses Fianne's father as leverage. There are some things Fianne does in this book that are just horrible. Other than her guilt there seemed to be no consequences for her actions either. It was hard to root for her because she seemed so weak and conflicted all the time. Even with her father used to blackmail her, I often felt that she had family that seemed to love and welcome her. Some may have been cautious but none were outright threatening to her face. She could have asked for help knowing the strength of some of the people at Sevenwaters. I sometimes felt that she didn't have the same or as much courage as Sorcha or Laidan. She is her own person though.
I will say that I enjoyed this book more than I did Son of  the Shadows. It was an interesting twist at the end. I like the way that was handled.

Author: Juliet Marillier
Page count: 608
Preceded by: Son of the Shadows
Followed by: Heir to Sevenwaters
Genre: Historical fantasy

Would I read it again? Maybe.
Would I recommend it to adults? Yes.
What about teens? I wouldn't recommend this series to younger teens. 
3.5 out of five stars.

1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.