Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Peasread: Beauty Begins

Beauty Begins is a Christian/Biblical living book about true beauty. It is about God's definition of beauty, beauty as He created it/US to be. The book talks about how we have lost sight of what true beauty is and are looking at ourselves and those around us through the world's eyes. Instead of seeing that we are created in God's image and are perfect we start letting what society defines as beautiful creep into out thoughts. After a while we forget that true beauty is reflecting God's image, His love, grace, mercy, kindness.
We can never reach the world's standards on beauty, trends change, we're all made differently (fearfully and wonderfully), we can't all fit into one mold.  But God is unchanging. He is constant, and He has made us perfectly, for a perfect purpose. To love well, and reflect him. It's so important that we remember this and Beauty Begins is a helpful reminder that we need to "Make peace with our reflection" and focus on what's important and what is eternal.

Though it is not a bible study, the book does have scripture throughout supporting each chapter, there are also sections for reflection that make you think about true beauty and dig deeper into God's word. This was a good book and I would recommend it.

Authors: Chris Shook, Megan Shook Alpha
Length 208 pages
Genre: nonfiction, teen, young adult, adult, christian living, christian

Would I read it again? Maybe with my kids.
Would I recommend it? Yes.
Would I recommend it for kids? Yes, I have already suggested that my tween read this book.

Rating: 3 stars for the book/writing, 5 for the content/subject matter
1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own.  All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.