Sunday, April 2, 2017

Instant Pot Collard Greens


It's a shame that not more people in this house like Collard Greens. Just my oldest and I really like them, my middle and youngest will eat a serving, it it's not too spicy. Other than that DH doesn't really like them. Too bad, they are good for you. I usually make up a big batch and keep a few servings in the freezer at a time. When I get the craving, want some for dinner or over cornbread I pull it out. I have used different methods to make this, they all work fine and each one is a little different. My kids really the the creole seasoning so this one is a favorite.
What about your household? What are foods you love, but don't always make often?


Collard Greens

2- 3 bunches of greens, washed, stems removed
4 cups of salt free stock or broth
3-4 slices of bacon
1 smashed and peeled garlic clove.
1 jalapeno
2-4 teaspoons salt free creole seasoning (recipe here)
White or apple cider vinegar (Optional)
  1. Roll the leaves of the greens up from the long side, and slice into approximately 1 inch strips.
  2. Saute bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble.
  3. Add garlic to the bacon grease and saute until fragrant.
  4. Add cooking liquid, and scrap the bottom of the pot to make sure there is no stuck on food.
  5. Add greens, jalapeno, and creole seasoning.
  6. Add more water to come up to about 1/2 to 3/4  of the greens if needed.
  7. Cook on MANUAL, HIGH for 6-10 minutes and let it release pressure naturally.
  8. Season with salt and pepper, add a splash of your favorite vinegar to taste.



Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on


 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.