Monday, October 24, 2016

2016 Lunches 281-293

Hello! It's getting so chilly in the mornings around here. I'm loving the ease of packing hot foods in a thermos. It doesn't make for pretty pictures, but I gave up on that long ago. I've been uploading pictures from my phone :o.
I hope you all are having a great school year, please stop by my facebook page and share some lunch and lunch ideas. Sometimes I get in a rut! 

Here are lunches 281-283 in Planetboxes
Delicata squash with butter and cinnamon sugar (Cooked in the Instant Pot like this)
Eggs
Vegetables

#284-286
Strawberries

#287-289
Khai Palo with rice
Fruit Salad

#290-292
 Chicken and Dumplings
Apples

A couple of widely known lunch packing tips:


In the morning fill your thermos containers with hot water or cold water for cold foods. Then the containers will be heated up or cooled down to keep foods at the right temperature for longer.



After cutting apples hold the apples together with a rubber band so that they don't brown. If packing part of an apple I toss the slices in juice, lime juice or citrus juice. I don't generally have apple juice on hand.

That's it for this week, have a great lunch packing week!!


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.