Sunday, October 9, 2016

2016 Let Them Eat Cake- Lemon Raspberry Ombre Layer Cake

Lemon Raspberry Ombre cake
I haven't shared too many birthday cakes in the past. I guess maybe I have but it just feels like it's been a while SO today I'm sharing my twelve year old child's cake! TWELVE y'all! Can you believe it? I simply can't. It's crazy. Seems like it was just yesterday she was a wee little peanut at just five little pounds. Sigh. On to cake...

I like my cakes tall, this is a 8 inch three layer cake.
This kid loves lemon. Lemon curd, lemon bars, lemon lemon lemon. So she requested a lemon cake. I made one with a lemon cream cheese frosting. Between the layers is a raspberry filling. It was my first attempt at an ombre cake. Ombre it does not look, lemon cake it did taste like. So there was that. Stay tuned for more cakes!

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.