Sunday, June 5, 2016

Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes



These pancakes are very simple. The recipe came about when I was trying to use up two old bananas and some plain Greek yogurt. Usually those items go into a smoothie, or into the freezer for a smoothie later on, but it was a cool, cloudy, rainy morning. I wanted something warm. These pancakes were a big hit.


Pancake recipes are pretty simple and forgiving. You could add an extra banana and use half the amount of yogurt if you wanted. Add some nuts for banana nut pancakes. Or add some pulsed rolled oats and add a little more milk. 
I'll be adding this to my rotation of pancakes, and "what to do with ripe bananas" list. They are very good, sweet, just enough banana flavoring- add more if you loooove bananas, and tart from the yogurt. 



Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes

8-10 servings

2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 cup Greek yogurt, 200 grams
2 eggs
1 cup milk, 235 grams
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons melted butter, (OR vegetable oil, 60 grams)

1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of salt, use lesser amount if using salted butter
4 teaspoons baking powder, 14 grams
2 tablespoons sugar, 20 grams
2 cups all purpose flour, 250 grams


  1. Mix wet ingredients in a big bowl.
  2. Sift, or at the very least whisk the dry ingredients together to break up any large lumps of flour.
  3. Add dry ingredients, stir.
  4. Batter will be a little lumpy.
  5. Cook batter on a lightly greased griddle, or in a skillet. I like to use my cast iron skillet.
  6. Once cooled, these pancakes freeze well.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.