I'm updating this recipe that was posted here in 2009. Just some small changes but they pack a punch! These ribs are so good served with rice, roasted or steamed vegetables, cucumber/papaya salad, and a side of Lao Tomato Chutney.
When prepping one batch of these short ribs, double the recipe! Place one recipe of these Ginger Soy Short Ribs in a foodsaver or zip bag. Put it in the freezer for another night, easy peasy.
Give Peas A Chance Ginger Soy Short Ribs4 pounds short ribs
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons Palm sugar - you can substitute brown sugar, raw, granulated
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
1-2 inches fresh ginger grated/minced
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onion
- Put the short ribs in a large bowl.
- Pour all the ingredients on top of the short ribs and mix well.
- Let marinade for at least an hour or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Grill or broil short ribs until done. Discard marinade.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion slices. Serve with rice.
* Short ribs can be placed in a zip bag to marinade, that way you can turn the bag often to mix and coat the meat easier.
* All ingredients can be placed in a bag and put in the freezer also. I use a foodsaver for this. The night before cooking I place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw.
* Use gluten free soy and oyster sauce for gluten free short ribs.
Find me on