Monday, February 1, 2016

Happy Birthday Jesus!


I know it's Take It Tuesday but Jonas brought 30 inches of snow, at least! So no lunches to post, sorry about that! But I thought I would share the cake I made for Christmas this year.  We usually make a cake for Jesus every year, it's usually the same recipe also. This whole wheat carrot cake. It's the only carrot cake recipe I'll make. It's just that good. I made it without the cheesecake layer, then slathered it with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. For decoration I printed out a line drawing of Jesus, Joseph and Mary then topped that image with wax paper. I melted some chocolate and outlined/traced the picture. I also did some sheep and a shepard free hand. 

The gold stars are sugar stars I found. It came out pretty cute I think. The kids thought it was cool. I've used this method for cupcake toppers and it works beautifully.
I hope you all are having a wonderful New Year. My children are enjoying a 7 day weekend, and I'm loving every moment we're being blessed with! Did you get a lot of snow?

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.