Friday, July 10, 2015

Leah- Day 10

This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.
If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.



Leah. 

Day 10
We've all been there, been rejected, picked over, wanting love, approval, to matter, to mean something to someone. 

You do matter. You are precious in his sight, find your worth in Christ friends. It's not easy. But it's truth, and truth lasts. God sees you, he knows you, and he loves you. 
I tell my girl's often. It doesn't matter what the world thinks of you as long you focus on God, love him, and love others like he does. It hurts, I know it does be comforted by the truth. 

What I love about Gen 29:31-35 Is how Leah's heart seems to change with each child and blessing. Jacob doesn't change... Leah's heart does. 
See the progression from first born:
 Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son.She named him Reuben, for she said, “It is because the Lord has seen my misery.Surely my husband will love me now.”

She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “Because the Lord heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too.” So she named him Simeon.

 Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “Now at last my husband will become attached to me,because I have borne him three sons.” So he was named Levi.

And finally
She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the Lord.” So she named him Judah.

She does go on to have more children and is at odds with her sister. But I love this section. Leah can't make Jacob love her or see her for her, but God sees Leah and she begins to SEE him clearly. What else is there to do but praise HIM once you see God's unchanging, unwavering, unfailing love?

I'll just leave this here:

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.

Psalm 63:1-3


#peasblog #shereadstruth #leah #lampandlight #truth #love #truelove #youmatter#knowyourworth #biblejournaling #biblestudy
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.