Monday, June 29, 2015

Gorilla Bread

This easy to make Gorilla Bread is perfect for brunch!

Hello everyone! It's so close to summer break I am getting antsy! By the time this post goes live my children will finally be on Summer break! We don't have any travel plans but I just can't wait to have my kid at home. What are your summer plans? I know we'll be doing lots of cooking and taking our lunches to the park. But other than that we'll play it by ear. One of the great things about being in our home is that there's room for everyone to be in the kitchen! It's been such a blessing. I'm hoping that the kids will get to cook more and more.

Today I'm going to share an easy recipe for Gorilla Bread that is quick to make, I shared this on the White Walls blog and I thought I would share it here also as a Manic Monday post.  It takes minimal ingredients to make, but is so good.  It's so easy that my ten and 6 year old made the batch in this blog post. I did make the caramel sauce though. This bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even afternoon tea. If you don't have a Bundt pan,  loaf pans will work also. You can also make these in muffin tins.
I've never made this with homemade biscuit dough, but I know it's possible if you would rather use your own dough.


Roll each piece of cream cheese into the cinnamon sugar mixture. You want that yummy cinnamon
sugar throughout each bite!

Pinch the tops of the biscuits well so that the cream cheese doesn't ooze out! My six year old is a pro!

Line them all up in the bundt pan, or add a few to each muffin tin depending on what you're using to bake your Gorilla Bread.

Bake until golden brown. Let this rest for five minutes before inverting onto a plate.


Look at that delicousness right there! Perfect with a cup of tea, milk, or coffee.



Give Peas A Chance Gorilla Bread


4 cans of refrigerated biscuits (not the big biscuits, just regular size)
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice, or granulated sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon powdered vanilla, optional
1 block of cream cheese, plain or flavored (8 ounces)
1/2 cup butter, unsalted
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Lightly grease a bundt pan, or loaf pan/s, muffin tins.
  3. Cut block of cream cheese into 40 pieces.
  4. Mix evaporated cane sugar, powdered vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
  5. Take one piece of cream cheese and roll it into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
  6. Place cream cheese onto the center of a slightly flattened biscuit.
  7. Wrap the dough around the cream cheese, pinching the top to seal.
  8. Roll the biscuit dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
  9. Place the biscuit dough into the bundt pan.
  10. Repeat steps 4-7 until all the cream cheese and biscuits are in the pan.
  11. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over the ingredients in the bundt pan.
  12. In a small pot heat the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Stir and heat until the butter and sugar are melted and combined.
  13. Pour the caramel over the ingredients in the bundt pan.
  14. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Adjust timing for different pans, less time for muffin tins.
  15. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
  16. Place a large plate or cake plate over the bundt pan and invert the Gorilla Bread onto the plate. Be careful the caramel is HOT!

That's it! So easy right?! I hope you all have a wonderful week. If you have any summer plans leave me a comment, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.