Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles

I took these pictures with my phone, sigh. Oh well, the cookies though? The cookies are AMAZING. DH's favorite cookie I think is the Snickerdoodle. I'm a pumpkin fanatic so you know how that goes. Give a little, take a little, then add cheesecake. Why not? Match made in heaven. Tender cookie, smooth cheesecake filling...
Go, make these now. Bookmark and/or pin them for all those cookie exchanges coming up this season.
More PUMPKIN recipes can be found HERE.


Give Peas A Chance Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles 

Cookie dough
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Filling
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

To roll cookies in
~1 cup Cinnamon Sugar
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

Cookie dough:


  1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
  2. Beat in pumpkin, egg, vanilla.
  3. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pie spice.
  4. Place the cookie dough into the refrigerator.


Mix the filling ingredients together.


Make and bake the cookies:


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Take about 1 tablespoon of dough, flatten it.
  3. Place a SMALL amount of filling in the center. About 1/2 teaspoon.
  4. Seal the dough around the filling.
  5. Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
  6. Flatten slightly.
  7. Bake cookies on an ungreased baking sheet or on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
  9. They will be soft, but will firm up after cooling.


*This dough is sticky, but not too hard to work with.
* You can also take balls of dough, flatten them out and place the filling inside, then seal the edges.
*This cookie can be made without the filling also.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. I will be trying these!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look beyond delicious! I am so hungry right now I wish I could reach into the monitor and grab one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.