Monday, August 19, 2013

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I don't make Pot Roast the way I used to. I should, because it's good. But I haven't bought French Onion soup mix in... years. We don't eat post roast often so I think using the soup mix wouldn't be a huge deal. I do love the taste of beef though, so I don't like to mask it too much with overpowering flavors.
 When I make my roasts now I toss everything in the crock pot. Rarely do I brown the meat. This is mainly because I put my roasts in the crock pot while frozen. That's just me. It's one of the few dishes I can make in the crock pot, but sometimes it's still touch and go. Crock pot's hate me.

Give Peas A Chance Simple Pot Roast
What I put in the crock pot-
Roast

Veggies such as-

Carrots
Potatoes


Parsnips
Fennel

Celery

Onion
Mushrooms



Seasonings- a mixture of different ones, not all though. I just rub them all on the roast.

Better Than Bouillon Organic - just the paste (no water)
Worcestershire sauce
Soy Sauce
Minced Garlic
Salt

Pepper
Parsley
Thyme



Throw it all in the crockpot. Turn it on low all day. 8 ish hours.
Done.

More  roast posts-
Pot Roast 
Beef and Noodles
Creamy Horseradish Sauce


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.