Friday, March 13, 2009

Pot Roast

This is a very very simple roast. When DH and I first started dating, well I guess we weren't dating we were just hanging out, anyway, he made this for my family. I was helping my parents clean and paint one of their rental houses and DH brought dinner for us. A pot roast and some snickers bars.
We love this with horseradish, even the girls like the spicy kick.

Pot Roast

What you need
1 beef roast
1 pkg dry onion soup mix- don't read the ingredients, yes it has MSG, I told you not to read it...
Veggies- potatoes, carrots, fennel, celery, onion, turnips (whatever you'd like, we like potatoes, carrots, fennel, onion and celery most of the time.)

Put the soup mix into a bowl and wet it just enough to make a paste, rub that all over the roast.









Place the roast and vegetables in a crock pot.





We don't eat the celery so I put big sticks of it on top for flavor and moisture.
Turn the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours depending on the size of your roast. I have done this different ways, I have browned the roast first, I have used different seasonings. I just prefer how easy peasy this is.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.