Friday, August 9, 2013

Lonely

On the couch. With all her stuff.
Today's prompt is "lonely". Soo let's start. 

Lonely 

It's 0005.
The house is quiet.
Pixie has decided that she's sleeping with me tonight.
I love having her next to me.
Her pretty little pouty lips.
Long dark eyelashes that flutter when she rolls over.
Her fifty million blankets.
I don't know how anyone can need so many things to sleep.
Blankets.
Pony.
Rubber snake.
Pocketbook crammed with more stuff.
Goodness.
It's funny how I'm never alone.
Literally at times.
House "full" or maybe not full enough of children.
All day since it's summer.
SOMEone is near me.
Always.
I'm OK with that.
Next year Pixie goes to school.
I'll re enter the workforce.
But until I do that I wonder if I'll be lonely?
I am a loner as it is I think.
I'm good with a book and a cup of coffee.
No.
That's not entirely true, I just am guarded about who I let in.
I do like some company.
I do like being alone.
Guard your heart...
But guarding your heart doesn't mean shutting people out.
We're called to love.
To be selfless.
To be kind.
To be... Christ-like.
Jesus didn't guard his heart.
Not from loving us, loving a world that would shatter his heart.
He loved without ...
fear
So guard your heart from
hate
judgement
evil
But not from loving your neighbor.

STOP
Sigh, I think five minutes goes by quicker when I sit down to write. I can't gather my thoughts in 5 minutes. Get to the point? Not possible till minute 10 I'd say.

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go and comment on the post of the person who linked up before you. This is the one rule of this community.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-lonely/#sthash.JLvjWS85.dpuf
Pin It!