Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cranberry Orange Nut Bread

I've posted this bread before in 2010. My pictures aren't great now, but they sure are better than they used to be! This time I did put white chocolate chips in part of the batter, I also made mini muffins that I wanted to freeze for the girls. But, they ate them all! I don't add nuts because Diva is allergic. 
This bread freezes very well and cranberry season is so short so it's nice to make an extra loaf to store next to the bags of cranberries you are hoarding storing for later. I did change the recipe a little bit, I wanted to see if I could pump up the orange in this. So I used frozen orange juice- undiluted. Not having two slices to test my theory I'll say you can use either. Both breads are yummy.
This bread is also great for gift giving. Bake it in mini loaves, a regular loaf pan, or in muffin tins.
So pretty.

Cranberry Orange Nut Bread

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 c. butter unsalted softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
zest from one orange- optional
3/4 c. thawed orange juice concentrate
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries, chopped
1/2 c. chopped nuts; optional
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to  350 degrees.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
Wash the cranberries. Pulse in the food processor. NOT long, you don't want a puree.
Add orange zest to the orange juice concentrate.
Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add vanilla, eggs, and orange juice.
Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.
Pour into a greased loaf pan or 4 mini pans. (perfect for gift giving)
Bake 45-65 depending on the size of the pans.
I set the timer at 40 minutes and started testing with toothpicks. Tent loosely with foil if the top is browning too fast.
There are also banana mini muffins in this picture.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect for Christmas gift giving!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy! I love mini muffins so I'd have to try it out that way.

    Visiting from Clever Chicks Blog Hop :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.