Saturday, December 15, 2012

Adventures of Joy and Angel Day 14



 Yesterday Joy got into my salt, which was my fault because I didn't have a table salt container around. So I guess I'll be scrubbing my cast iron and stoneware. 
I decided not to post yesterday because of what happened in Newtown, Ct. I don't do a lot of heart blogging here. I generally save that for Chaotic Balance. But. Here I am. My heart aches for those who are mourning the loss of their loved ones. Their babies. I at times get angry. So angry. WHY!? WHY!? WHY!?? Then looking over at a toy making a snow angel in salt... Sigh. Even more questions.
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool."
Jesus, came to save us. I don't get it. I know I need a Savior though.
Yesterday I was heartbroken, I cried on and off. However, I was given the chance to wipe my tears, pick my girls up from school, and tuck them in a night. Life isn't fair. I don't fully understand God and his love, his forgiveness. His reasoning. I don't. Sending Jesus into this already fallen world. Seeing the beginning from the end, seeing all the decisions we/will make, the hurt, harm, destruction we caused/will cause. Knowing all of us will choose daily to sin, some in such horrific ways.
Is there no limit to God's forgiveness? The bible says there isn't. That's great for me right? Of course. Since my sin is "just" of the everyday type. Please. God doesn't rate sin. There's no scale. So then, could I fathom God extending this forgiveness to those that commit crimes so horrible, crimes like yesterday? It's hard for me to. I don't understand all of these things. I will be honest, I don't think God should at times. I remind myself, "Vengeance is mine says the Lord". So yes, there is forgiveness, there is also justice from a perfect God. Those that do not repent, well, that's between them and God- who am I to judge? All I know is that God promises forgiveness at the cost of his own Son. He sent Jesus into this fallen world, and watched him be crucified by the same people he came to save. God knows that loss, the loss of a child taken so violently. A loss I can't begin to grasp. I'm thankful, SO thankful for that. 
I'm glad I don't have to understand it all, I don't have to grasp all that is God. I only cling to Christ, the cross, hope, salvation through him, at times weeping, but clinging, to my Savior. If the promises are for me, then are they not for everyone who repents, who turns to God? Only God knows our hearts of course, I find comfort, and even fear/awe/deep respect in that. I can't linger in thought about the things I don't understand. I can, by God's grace walk with him.(Ok at times digging my heels in, but still.) I can follow Jesus, I can shine his light, I can love on his people, and in the end in his perfection, he will judge. I of course screw up constantly, but forgiveness comes to play.
Here I am rambling, and not making sense I'm sure. My prayers continue to go up for those hurting.
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

On the card
Isaiah 1:18

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool."
Today- Make more snowflakes to decorate with.

Are you on Pinterest? I have a board for Christmas Angel and Elf Ideas it's open to the public for everyone to pin to, I'd love more ideas so leave me your pinterest link or name in the comments and I'll invite you!
What is the deal with all these cards and verses? Check out the other Christmas Angel/Elf posts below, and read the my letter to the girls HERE.
Do you have any Christmas traditions? Are you blogging about them? I'd love to see! No blog?  Leave a comment!
More Christmas Angel/Elf on the Shelf posts HERE.
More pictures HERE.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.