Saturday, September 8, 2012

Roasted Garlic Chicken

I have seen this chicken on Pinterest several times. Are you on Pinterest? If not do you need me to enable you, send you an invite? If so let me know in the comments below and I'll send you one. I puffy heart Pinterest.
So the chicken, I thought well, might as well try it. It was quick and easy to make, and everyone liked it. My oldest two girls had seconds, and thirds. You can't beat the simplicity and it tastes so good. The brown sugar isn't healthy, but it forms a beautiful crust that makes you not even care. Besides, I served it with roasted broccoli, sliced tomatoes, and fresh corn on the cob. 
The broccoli, I just tossed in a tiny bit of oil, added seasonings, and roasted for about 20 minutes, while the chicken cooked. It's so easy, but it's good. It reminds me of Kale Chips.
I used bone in chicken, I use bone in chicken every chance I get to be honest. I like the flavor. If you are using chicken pieces, cut the breasts in half so they cook evenly with the rest of the chicken. I also added a little bit of butter.
What are some recipes from Pinterest have you tried and loved? Leave me a comment and link, I'd love to try something new!

Roasted Garlic Chicken

5-6 chicken leg quarters, separated into drumsticks and thighs (10 pieces total)
5 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
In a small pan heat the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic. Cook just until fragrant. Don't brown the garlic. Remove from heat. Stir in the brown sugar.
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, place chicken skin side up in the dish. Spoon brown sugar mixture over the chicken.
Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered for 45-55 minutes.  Until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a wedge of lemon, the tart goes well with the sweet crispy chicken.
If using boneless skinless chicken, cook for less time.

Recipe adapted from Food.com, found on Pinterest.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Katherine, looks yum! Thanks for supporting Food on Friday: Garlic. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this on Pinterest as well! Now that I know it works, I'll have to try it too!
    I found you through Food on Friday. :) I'm ckitchenette.blogspot.ca.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.