Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remember. Reflect. Respond.

Yes, this post has the same title as last years. I'm going to cut and paste last years post also. Every September 11, I struggle with what to post. I mean, I know I don't have to post about 9-11-01. I usually sit down thinking, I need to write something. I want to write something. Then I sit down. I stare at my screen. Has it been that long? 2001. It wasn't that long. It was right before I met my husband. When I think back, sometimes it still feels raw. I still get a knot in my stomach, I feel myself getting choked up.
Today, we/I'm going to talk to my girls about the attacks. It won't be new to them. We're a military family. (Not that civilian families don't talk to their children about September 11.) We'll remember and discuss what happened. We'll pray for those who mourn their loved ones. Those who are deployed now, those that are serving, those that are in training. The families that miss their soldiers. 
We'll reflect on God's hope, and the healing He brings. His promises. His peace that surpasses all understanding.
We'll respond in love. We'll take a treat to the firehouse (I hope they don't mind, I emailed rather late), make some cards for Wounded Warriors. We'll pray for those who hurt. We'll talk about what it means to respond in love, to be a "good neighbor". We'll thank service men and women we see. We'll hug daddy, and thank God for his protection over him.
What else can we do? It won't ever go away, so we walk in faith, in hope, in love.
I guess that's why it's hard for me to write. Because it just won't ever go away. Like it never happened. Because it did. And sometimes, it feels like yesterday. It still hurts. It's still raw.


Remember. Reflect. Respond.
Posted HERE.
Picture from Bing.com
Remember the past.
Reflect His hope.
Respond in love.
“There  is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no  greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater  satisfaction than to have done it well.” Walter Reuther

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for  you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the  world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do  for the freedom of man.
John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961 35th president of US 1961-1963  (1917 - 1963)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.