Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cucumber Tomato Summer Salad

This salad is so simple and refreshing. It's not like the Cucumber Dill weed Salad posted HERE. There's no vinegar, just lemon juice in this one. It's quick to make, but you can also make it ahead of time. I used beautiful tomatoes and cucumbers from our Pastor's garden. YUMMM. If you have fresh dill, use it. I didn't have any so I used dried. No real measurements, season and taste as you go.


Cucumber Tomato Summer Salad

English cucumber- or a regular cucumber, peeled and seeded
Tomato- cut into bit sized pieces
zest of one lemon
lemon juice to taste
garlic clove- minced or grated
salt
pepper
dill weed
olive oil
Mix everything but the cucumber and tomato in the serving dish. Stir it up, taste. Adjust seasonings.
Toss in cucumber and tomatoes.
Mix everything but the cucumber and tomato in the serving dish.

Stir it up, taste. Adjust seasonings.
Toss in cucumber and tomatoes.



 For party links this post is linked up at check out the Party Page.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking in to Food on Friday: Tomatoes. We are now getting a great collection of all things tomatoey.

    I am now signed up to follow you. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or are you already following? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely summer salad. Like the idea of lemonzest in there. Thanks for contributing to Mumsfilibaba Scandi Kitchen Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there I wasn't around I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.