Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cucumber Dill Weed Salad

Light, refreshing, minimal prep, basic ingredients, nothing exotic. Nice and simple. Yummy. Let's just get on with it... oh wait I do want to say if left in the fridge for more than 3-4 days these will taste like refrigerator pickles.



Give Peas A Chance Cucumber Dill Weed Salad

2 cucumbers- either English or remove the seeds, peeled
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1/3 cup vinegar- regular white
1/4 cup water
3 teaspoons sugar
1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
1 teaspoon dill seed


Put but the salt and cucumbers in a pan, bring to a boil. Then remove from heat and let it cool





Slice the cucumber and toss it with the salt. Let it sit for 1 hour. Then drain and rinse. Pat dry with paper towels or give it a good spin in a salad spinner.






Strain the dressing.








Toss the cucumber with the dressing. Let it sit in the fridge for lat least an hour before serving.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks sooooo yummy! I want to eat at your house! I have always thought you had a beautiful family.Thank you for sharing! Hugs
    Andria
    The Candle Bug

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.