Monday, March 19, 2012

Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie

Can I just say how much I love Pinterest? I found this recipe on there. It's so easy, and it's very much like the One Pan Chocolate Cake. Easy peasy and no dishes.The original recipe as far as  I can tell is from Sophistimom, who referenced other places she adapted from. I love making Chocolate Chip cookies with melted butter, like these Kiss Me Chocolate Chip Cookies it's easy and there's no thinking ahead and taking the butter out of the refrigerator.
I made some changes to this recipe but really not anything significant. I did however get you weights, thank you very much. So now you don't have to wash measuring cups. I made this in a 11 inch skillet? I think it's a 11 inch.

Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
350 degrees 13-18 minutes
1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted butter
3-3/4 ounces (108 grams) granulated sugar
3-3/4 ounces (108 grams) brown sugar
6-1/2 ounces (184 grams) All purpose flour
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla, I didn't weigh this. Just pour it in.
pinch kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a well seasoned cast iron skillet on the stove over medium high heat, add cold butter. Let the butter melt, moving it around to coat the entire skillet and sides. Turn the heat off. Let the butter cool for a bit, so the egg doesn't scramble when you add it.
Add the sugars and vanilla to the butter. Mix well until butter is incorporated. Mix in the egg.
Stir in the flour, soda and salt. Make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the skillet so there is not dry flour there. Stir in chocolate.
Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the edge are golden brown.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious {and easy!} Thank you for sharing at our http://withablast.blogspot.com/2013/05/all-my-bloggy-friends-link-party-47.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.