Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles

Diva loves cookie dough ice cream. So I made these as a treat for her for Valentine's day. I miss making candy! I'm not a cookie dough eater myself, I just never have been. But these truffles have the same consistency and flavor as a chilled cookie dough. Diva and Pixie loved these, DH liked them, and Piglet and I are not cookie dough fans. Great flavor, I just don't like the consistency. It's the raw dough. But don't let my non raw cookie dough eating nonsense stop you if you love cookie dough. 
 I'm going to make these and cut them up for Cookie dough ice cream, I think frozen I'll really like them. I'll make them like this Carmel Swirl Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream. Maybe a Snicker doodle Cookie dough would be good. Hmmm.

 
These are so VERY easy to make. I didn't dip them in chocolate because they just seemed like it would be too sweet with the sugar and sweetened condensed milk that is already in the truffles. Just the right amount of chocolate. I used the recipe from FoodNetwork as a guide. I didn't change too much. I used less sweetened condensed milk, added some salt and vanilla bean paste. I also left the pecans out due to allergies. What I wouldn't give for cookies with pecans though. MMMM. Shaping truffles is very easy if you chill the dough slightly so it's not sticky. After shaping they can finish chilling before being dipped or drizzled with chocolate.
I also got weights for you to make life a bit easier. All you'll have to wash is your mixer bowl/paddle and spatula! I love using a scale, this is the one I have HERE. This is only for a half batch. Double it for a whole batch.
  
 Cookie Dough Truffles
Makes about 2 dozen truffles


4 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter (2 ounces)
3-1/8 ounce brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste, or Vanilla extract (1/4 ounce or 6 grams)
3-5/8 ounce Baked all purpose flour, I used 3-1/8 ounces first- I thought the dough was a little too wet so I added another 1/2 ounce *** see note below***
5 ounces sweetened condensed milk- this is less than half of a can
Pinch of salt
2 ounces mini chocolate chips

Drizzle
1- 1/2 ounce chocolate chips
You can sprinkle these with colored sprinkles, nuts, or more chocolate too.

Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and milk until well mixed. 
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by teaspoonful onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place the truffles into the refrigerator for 20 minutes. 
Once the dough is firm, quickly roll each truffle into a ball. I wore gloves. Place the truffles back into the refrigerator to chill. I didn't have to add any flour to may gloves/hands to keep the dough from sticking, since it was chilled.
 For the drizzle. Place the chocolate chips into a bowl. Microwave or heat with a double boiler. Once the chocolate chips are soft stir until smooth. Place the chocolate into a zip top bag. Snip a small hole a corner of the bottom of the bag. Use this to drizzle or make designs on the truffles.





 Cookie Dough Truffles
Makes about 2 dozen truffles

4 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter (2 ounces)
3-1/8 ounce brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste, or Vanilla extract (1/4 ounce or 6 grams)
3-5/8 ounce (baked) all purpose flour, I used 3-1/8 ounces first- I thought the dough was a little too wet so I added another 1/2 ounce**see note below**
5 ounces sweetened condensed milk- this is less than half of a can
Pinch of salt
2 ounces mini chocolate chips



Drizzle
1- 1/2 ounce chocolate chips
You can sprinkle these with colored sprinkles, nuts, or more chocolate too.

Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and milk until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by teaspoonful onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place the truffles into the refridgerator for 20 minutes. Once the dough is firm, quickly roll each truffle into a ball. Place the truffles back into the refrigerator to chill.
For the drizzle. Place the chocolate chips into a bowl. Microwave or heat with a double boiler. Once the chocolate chips are soft stir until smooth. Place the chocolate into a zip top bag. Snip a small hole a corner of the bottom of the bag. Use this to drizzle or make designs on the truffles.

Flour- 3 ounces of flour is about 3/4 cups for flour. If you're using 3/4 cups of flour, stir and add flour one tablespoon at a time until the dough is not too sticky/wet. 
To bake the flour preheat a oven to 350 degrees. Make the flour on a cookie sheet. Spread it out and stir often for 5-7 minutes. Cool completely before using.
Brown sugar- it will be a little over 1/3 cup brown sugar.

Adapted from the recipe at Foodnetwork
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! They look awesome :) Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you tomorrow on the next Creative HomeAcre hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.